Friday, October 23, 2009

Cold ride

Training has been going well. I got in 18 hours or so of biking and running last week, but won't be quite that high this week. Since training volume has been down a bit this week, I have upped the intensity on a few sessions. I notice a huge difference in recovery after doing any intensity. The day after a four hour base ride, for example, I feel pretty much fine. The day after a 1.5 hour ride with 2 x 15 minutes working hard, however, I feel some fatigue in the legs.

Yesterday I did a point-to-point ride (my favorite type!) from Battle Creek to Lansing. It's just under four hours from door to door. About two hours into the ride, it started raining. An hour later, my toes and fingers were freezing. Only upon finishing the ride did I see that the temp had dropped from the upper 50s to the mid 40s. I traversed a load of dirt roads and was filthy at the end of the ride. Other than the coldness, though, a very enjoyable trip.

Otherwise, the PODS that Stacey and I are using to move our stuff to Denver just left Michigan. We're making the drive out early next week. Our goal is to complete the entire 18 hour drive in a single day. I'm thinking that's a three, maybe four coffee trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment