Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big Week

I am ramping up for IMCdA with a huge week of training this week. I kicked things off Friday with an hour swim and 1:20 run, which I was happy to complete pain free. Saturday and Sunday both included 4+ hour rides along with a swim each day and a short run on Sunday. Monday was a recovery-type day with two swims -- one long and one short -- and an hour spin. Today was a moderately long ride and nearly an hour run.

My training volume for the past 4 days is around 17 hours. The plan for tomorrow is a long ride in Boulder and a recovery swim before an easy double swim day on Thursday. Two hard days, one easy day.

All my rides, excluding the recovery spin, have included plenty of climbing. (I'd post pictures of some of the climbs and views, but my camera broke!) I haven't been using power or HR to guide my effort, instead opting to go by feel. Such a leap in volume may raise my injury risk substantially, so hopefully avoiding chasing metrics will allow me to more easily perceive any signs of bodily discomfort.

Oh, and I think I saw a guy exposing himself during my run this evening.

This week's songs, both by Dan Deacon but with vastly different styles:


It's nice to be running again and listening to music on headphones.

2 comments:

  1. So, what does it mean you think you saw a guy expose himself? And, it's good you are back to full training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Evan! It sounds like the running is picking back up for you. If you ever want to swim together shoot me an email, I'm always up for more swim buddies! I think CDA is going to go quite well for you!

    ReplyDelete