Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 Races + Best Photos of 2013

After barely racing the past few years, I've actually got a somewhat full schedule of bike and running races starting in May. Training is going alright, with weeks between 10 and 18 hours of just biking and running for the past month. I've been doing a lot of easy running because my Achilles has been sore since November, but I'm making up for the lack of intensity with regular interval rides on the trainer. It also helped that the weather in January was amazing -- I was able to get in a few 4-5 hour road rides on sunny, 60 degree days. I'm also even enjoying the less fun training (read: trainer rides) more than at any time in the past few years. I'm especially excited for March to roll around, as warmer weather and later sunsets will allow after work trail running and mountain biking.

Anyhow, here's the preliminary race schedule, where * indicates already having registered.

May 3 - Battle of the Bear MTB
May 25 - Gunnison Growler MTB*
May 31 - Golden Gate Dirty 30 (50k) run*
June 29 - Golden Gran Fondo road ride*
July 4 - Firecracker 50 MTB
July 12 - Breck 100 MTB
Sept. 27 - Aspen Golden Leaf half marathon
__________________________________________________________________________

I'm privileged to have experienced some many new and magnificent places during 2013. Here are a few of my favorite photos from that year. I look back at my Flickr account every few months just as a reminder of how lucky I am.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment