Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Long overdue post

Well, I was busy last week with a heavy training schedule, among other things, and didn't regularly update the old blog. The training highlights of the week included a bike test during which I average 248 W for 1.5 hours at 145 bpm and a double run day with 23 miles of running including an hour at 150 bpm and 6:53/mile. Unfortunately, I ended up sick on Friday and just did 45 minutes biking on that day and took the next two days off.

On Monday, I did a very easy 1 hour bike to get back into the swimg of things, though I wasn't feeling quite 100%.

This morning I still only felt about 90%, but by the evening was close to 100%. I headed to the gym and did 3 x 20 on the leg press with 135 lbs after a brief jog for a warm-up. Not much weight, but I haven't lifted in a long, long time and wanted to make sure I started light. I followed that up with a 30 minute run, and didn't feel any fatigue from the lifting. However, my HR appeared a bit higher than normal for the speed I was running at - a bit over 140 bpm at 7.4 mph (or about 8:00/mile). Finally, I cannon-balled into the pool for a pretty easy 40 minute swim with 4 x 200m pulling with paddles and a pull buoy.

Afterwards, I'm feeling good and expect to be back to normal tomorrow. I hate missing training days - especially weekends when the weather is nice - but I've only missed two days now in a little over three months. I just can't miss anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment