Monday, November 30, 2009

Where I'm at

Here are a few stats from workouts I've done recently that provide some indication of my current fitness:

Swimming: 8 x 100 SCM in 1:32 to 1:35 at a mod-hard intensity (~95% effort) leaving on 1:45 to 2:00, depending on the location of the other swimmers in the crowded lane I was using. When I went slower than 1:32 or 1:33, it was because I had to slow for another swimmer in the lane. I'm happy with this pace, but hope it drops precipitously as I continue swimming six times a week.

Biking: An hour and a half on my new Computrainer riding the Hawaii course at IM intensity yielded 226 W at 144 bpm. I noticed a drop-off in power over the course of the hour and a half. For example, after a half hour I was averaging 234 W at 141 bpm. I wonder if increasing body heat played a role in my performance's decline, as I was sweating more than during a typical trainer ride. Maybe a second fan is in order.

Running: I averaged 7:23/mile at 143 bpm during an hour run around the neighborhood on mostly flat terrain. My stomach wasn't feeling its best, as I did this run the morning after Thanksgiving.

Overall, I'm about where I want to be at this time of year.

1 comment: