Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weekly schedule

Off-season? What off-season? Here's a general outline of my current weekly schedule:

Monday - Easy run of 45-60 min in the morning, 90 min masters swim in the evening
Tuesday - Easy swim of 45-60 min in the morning or at lunch, 90-120 trainer ride in the evening with some efforts in the range of 145-150
Wednesday - Same as Monday
Thursday - Long run of 90-105 minutes in the morning, easy swim of 45-60 minutes in the evening
Friday - Same as Tuesday, though typically with an easier trainer ride
Saturday - Long aerobic ride (3:30 to 4 hours) + recovery swim
Sunday - Trainer ride with some efforts + recovery swim or run depending on what I feel like

This schedule is very flexible. Stacey and I try to go for a hike or trail run once a week, so I'll mix up the schedule (typically by dropping a trainer ride) as necessary to fit that in. If I feel especially fatigued, I'll take an off day. Otherwise, I use the holidays as built in recovery periods. With swimming, I've been going every day and taking a day off only when I feel fatigued. Swimming is my focus for the next few months. Lastly, if I don't hit all of the above, it's no big deal - there's plenty of time once January or February rolls around to get more focused for Cali 70.3. Right now I try not to place too much importance on hitting all the sessions so that I can maintain some focus in reserve for closer to my "A" races.

No comments:

Post a Comment