Saturday, May 2, 2009

Still alive...

I made it through a busy week work-wise. I was fatigued at the start of the week, as evidenced by my slow half-marathon race and by the two bike tests I did last week (bailed out on an unsuccessful test, did a second test with 230 W at 145 bpm for 90 minutes). The beginning of this week wasn't too tough on the legs, and come Wednesday I was feeling really good. For Wednesday's ride, I ended up cruising along with a local roadie, but the pace was a bit easy. I only averaged 101 bpm instead of 130 bpm. Still, that gave me some extra recovery, and I felt great for Thursday's run.

For Thursday's run, I had the option of exceeding 150 bpm if I felt good. I ended up around 160 bpm for 1:10.

Friday was another ride at 130 bpm with a short run afterwards. I started the ride off with Chuckie's readiness test.

First 3 min. effort: 136 bpm, 217 W, 86 rpm
Second 3 min. effort: 151 bpm, 255 W, 84 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment