Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swim + Ride

Tonight's swim was solid. There were high school aged girl swimmers in the lane next to Stacey and I that were swimming long sets at 1:30/100m pace. It was nice to try to pace off them depending on the length of my set. It's amazing how two people so small can go fast (by my standards) with what appeared to be little effort. Anyhow, my times continue to show improvement. My T400 time was 6:18, my T200 time was 3:03, and my T100 time was 1:28 (though I did a 100m in 1:23 for a new PR earlier in the set). It was not an easy swim.

I cut the ride short to 1 hour due to a time constraint, but still got in the Tabata sprints. For my faithful readers that are unfamiliar with Tabata sprints, Mark's Daily Apple has a write up here. Actually, there' so easy I can explain them in one sentence: Do eight reps of twentey seconds all out followed by ten seconds rest. The video on that link is pretty funny - it's amazing to see how exhausting eight 20 second efforts can be. I can relate, as the set of sprints I just did make my legs feel like I did a moderately hard two hour workout, when I really just did an easy 1 hour ride including the sprints. Here's the portion of my Powertap file showing the sprints:

Mark Cavendish, I aint.

No comments:

Post a Comment