Friday, September 25, 2009

Big announcement...

...is coming soon, just as soon as everything is set in stone (although I think all two people that actually read my blog already know).

Anyhow, I got in a good ride yesterday. After a few minutes warm-up, I decided to ride as long as I could in the 53x12. Of course, I kept my cadence low so that I got a strength workout instead of a killer anaerobic, super-high HR workout. I'd only shift when going uphill and my cadence dropped below 40 or so, or when approaching a stop sign or stop light. I ended up doing 2 x 45 minutes of that separated by a short spin around Marshall, and I finished with normal riding for the final 30 minutes. Total: 2:15. I followed that up with an easy 30 minute run in the evening with Stacey.

Wednesday I just did a 1:15 run with a HR around 145 bpm. I felt very smooth, especially for the first half-hour. I had hoped to get in a swim in Goguac Lake, but ended up just talking about the aforementioned big announcement with Stacey. Today and tomorrow I hope to swim at MSU.

Finally, I signed up for a final race of the season, the Last Chance triathlon in Rend City, IL. It's an interesting format. 1.5k swim, 67k ride, 15k run. I like the ratio of swim to bike + run. It willl be my brother Conor's first triathlon, so that should be entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. What's the date of the Last Chance event? I love those distances and I'm sure it'll suit you well.

    Looking forward to your next post...

    -V

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on whatever you got going on (as I am sure we will read in the next post)! to answer your question from before re: breakfast options, #5 had what I used to eat (almost daily) for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Entertaining", eh? I'm glad I'm viewed as a source of amusement. Oh, and remember that this is a "mustache mandatory" race (optional for the ladies).

    PS, we should make a winter trip out to Santa Barbara for some riding some time - this year, next year, etc. It is UNBELIEVABLE out here.

    ReplyDelete