Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Point to Point Ride

This past Saturday I did a 106 mile point-to-point ride from Battle Creek to Plymouth via Marshall, Albion, Jackson, Chelsea, Dexter and Ann Arbor and then got a ride home from Stacey after having dinner with her family. I anticipated wind at my back, as wind typically blows from the West, but instead rode into a slight headwind all day. As a result, the ride took a longer than expected 6h15min at 178W avg. My legs weren't even tired and I could have easily gone another few hours. It was a beautiful day and riding through mostly farmland was a great way to spend it. It's nice to do a leisurely ride without worrying about watts, HR or any of that stuff.

On Sunday Stacey and I went to Ft. Custer, just outside Battle Creek, for a 1h45min trail run. We should have checked out the lake there to see how swimable it is (it can't be too bad, because Ft. Custer hosts an Xterra race).

On Monday I did an easy run and an easy ride. 1h30min total.

Today the plan is to ride over to Coldbrook County Park to do a swim, assuming I can find my old and illfitting wesuit (I broke the zipper on my race wetsuit during a training swim a month or two ago).

1 comment:

  1. Nice ride Evan! Does your new place provide easier access to country roads? What wetsuit did you use at IMLOU, or did you wear one?

    -V

    ReplyDelete