Sunday, October 10, 2010

No riding, no running

Injury Update
Well, my heel has been feeling slightly better, but the rest of my left ankle is pretty messed up. The tendons or ligaments on the top/outside of my left foot and the inside of my foot above my heel are tight and sore. I'm going to take a week off riding and another week off running. I think my morning trainer rides have been too hard too frequently, and that I've over-stressed my ankle by not allowing sufficient time for recovery. Better now than this coming spring... Hopefully swimming loosens everything up and aids recovery.

Kona
Great race yesterday. Ironman gets a lot of flack for being as exciting as watching paint dry, but if you're an informed viewer the race is very exciting. Even Stacey enjoyed watching the entire race and was even on the edge of our couch for the last hour of the race. The coverage was actually pretty good, too.

Once Raelert caught Macca at around mile 22 but failed to make a pass I put my money on Macca. Macca seems so stubborn, experienced, and shrewd that I'd take him over anyone else under those circumstances. It wasn't too surprising to see Macca make a move at an aid station, but it was amazing how quickly he dropped Raelert. Raelert must have expended everything he had just to catch Macca.

Preliminary 2011 race schedule:
June 26 -- Ironman Couer D'Alene (celebrating Stacey and my one year anniversary!)
July 10 -- Boulder Peak (haven't signed up yet; perhaps too soon after CdA)
July 17 (?) -- Centurion Cycling Boulder (my first bike-only race)
July 24 (?) -- Mount Evans Hill Climb (my second bike-only race)
August 7 -- Boulder 70.3
September 11 -- 70.3 World Championships (now in Vegas)

I could use another two or three spring or early summer events in the Denver area to fill out my schedule. I'll look for some trail runs and maybe a half-marathon in the spring. Suggestions appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment