Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fast Day + Easy Day

Tuesday/Today:
Off, but maybe with a bike ride or cruiser bike ride. TBD.

Monday:
About 50 minutes and just under 7 miles. Two miles easy, then 3 x 1 mile hard with about 1/4 mile recovery job between each effort, then a short jog home. The first two efforts were slightly uphill, while the third mile was slightly downhill. My mile times were 6:05, 5:50, and 5:45. PE was about an 8 for the first half of each mile, then a 9 toward the end. Those times are pretty slow give my effort. Oh well. I've got no race in sight so there's plenty of time to improve. Next time I should do this at the track for more repeatable data.

Four day total: 5 + 15 + 9 + 7 = 36 miles. With an off day, another long run, and a short-ish run, that'll put me right around 60 miles for the week. That's a good volume this month before building to 65 then 70 miles/week over the next two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment