Friday, September 2, 2011

Week Summary

Good sports weekend coming up: University of Michigan football Saturday, men's world champs marathon Saturday, Hy-Vee triathlon Sunday, and US Open tennis both days.

Friday:
Three and a half miles fast but just under straining, then just cruised for a while. 6:20/mile. Total is 50:00 -- 6:43/mile -- 157 bpm -- 7.5 miles. I threw in 5 or 6 (I lost count) ten second sprints up a steep nearby hill. This is a strength/injury prevention method recommended by Brad Hudson. I want to incorporate these sprints pretty frequently, maybe once a week, as I want to work all my systems.

This would have been a long run, but with the long weekend I may trail run the next three days and get in some serious volume. That'd be six days running in a row, however, so I'll exercise caution and maybe take Sunday off. So far I'm at 22.5 miles in the past three days, which is a small enough total that I'm optimistic about getting in three more days.

Thursday
An easy 45 minutes (5.9 miles) followed some bare foot running with the dog in the park. 7:20/mile at 141 bpm, which is a very mellow effort.

Wednesday
Track workout, but not tough. 8 x 400 with two laps at each of 5:40 pace, 5:30 pace, 5:20 pace, and back to 5:40 pace with two minutes jogging between. Otherwise just going easy/moderate to and from the track. 9.1 miles in 1:05, so 7:04/mile at 151 bpm.

Tuesday
Moderate bike ride. Already my legs feel weak compared to my cardio system.

Monday
I don't remember, but probably a pretty mellow run.

__________________________________________________________

This week's song is from a little known 60s album by a guy out of Detroit. It sounds immediately familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment