Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Unplanned Off Day

I contribute much of my modest triathlon success to consistency -- it's rare that I take an unscheduled day off without a reason such as lingering fatigue or sickness. Snow, cold weather, whatever...I'll still head out for a run. Yesterday, however, I decided to bail on my planned workout. Instead of riding the trainer or heading off to the pool, I asked Stacey to think of something fun to do. She decided on beer and pizza, and afterwards she settled for Dairy Queen once we discovered that the local ice cream place was closed. (See, Broccoli Man can be fun every once in a while!)

Much of my consistency has been made possible by Stacey. Last year she did the vast majority of household chores to enable me to train up to 20 hrs/week. Hopefully days like yesterday buy me some more leeway during my next big training block!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like the robot (you) experienced a random code error. You may want to perform a full system reboot to ensure this does not happen again.

    ReplyDelete