Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday

First up was 3:00 on the trainer. After a long, 30 minute warm-up, the main set included 2 hours at 145 bpm with a cadence in the lower 80s. After every 25 minutes, I threw in 5 minutes of 2 minutes at 60 rpm seated, 2 minutes at 100 rpm in the aerobars, and 1 minute standing (otherwise, I was pretty much in the aerobars the whole time). I averaged 144 bpm for the 2 hours, so almost right on target.

Definitely a strenght workout for me - I've now got a case of A.S.S. (i.e., ass soreness syndrome). I've gained three pounds or so since training started, and I think much of it is muscle. My legs are going to be Stadler-esque by the time IMLP rolls around.


An hour or two post-ride, I did an easy and uneventful 30 minute run. It felt good to move the legs a bit, and they running was no problem despite the relatively tough ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment