Sunday, February 1, 2009

Swim + Stairmaster + Ride

First, 1:30 in the pool. 4000 yards: warm up, 500m freestyle @ 80% with different strokes every 4th length, 2 x 400m @ 85% with paddes + pull buoy + ankle band, 3 x 300m at 90%, 4 x 200m at 95%, and 5 x 100m at 100%. By the 5 x 100m, my back muscles were so tired that I couldn't work hard aerobically. My times were around 1:38-1:40 for the 100m's.

After the pool, it was straight to the stairstepper for 1:30 @ 140 bpm or so. I set the machine on an auto-HR mode in which it selects the level to keep my HR stable. The level varied between 11 and 12. I think I'm improving on the stairstepper already, since this workout wasn't too difficult. Most noticably, the combination of swimming and stairstepper (using no hands, of course) made my abs were very tired. (In response to your note, CV, Stacey indeed has been doing the stairmaster. When the going gets though, she just repeats "buns of steel" over and over to herself. Okay, I made that up.)

Finally, a few hours after the first two workouts, it was trainer time for 1:30 with a HR cap of 120. I spent a lot of time in the aero position and tried to keep my cadence high. Pretty easy.

1 comment:

  1. Buns of steel! Hey Evan, let's leave the Stairmaster detail off your blog for now. I swear by this device and would rather not let others know about it! It's our own version of The Art of War.

    ReplyDelete