Sunday, August 23, 2009

My longest swim ever (I think)

Saturday:
5500m swim ... All in all not too bad - probably the best I've felt at the end of a 4500+ m swim. Thanks mom for going with me and swimming every other 50m for the hard sets to keep me on pace. My fly could use some work - I only did 25m (well, more like 20m) of fly for each for each of the 200 IMs.

1:30 run ... Felt good, didn't look at my HR and just did it by feel. It took 15 minutes or so for the jello feeling in my legs from swimming earlier in the day to go away, but I averaged 6:57/mile at 154 bpm. Most of that was on pavement, but I ran a mile or so along a new park in Battle Creek near Helmer and Gethings.

0:50 ride ... Just a recovery ride. My HR monitor in my powermeter is definitly on the fritz - it read 145 bpm for many portions of this ride, even though I kept my power around 150 W. I tried to have the CPU "re-learn" my HR strap, but to no avail. I will try replacing the battery in the strap before today's ride. Also, my cadence sensor isn't getting picked up! This initially occured right before IMLP, so I put a new battery in and things appeared to be working fine until a few days ago on the trianer when my cadence was 170 during normal riding.

Anyhow, the HR errors are causing me to question my HR data all the way back to IMLP. Hopefully I can get it sorted out before today's ride.

Friday:
1:30 ride at an easy effort. I kept my watts around 175, ignoring the messed up HR readings. I felt great. Legs felt strong, even though I didn't test 'em.

Thursday:
Morning swim went fine, not much to say.

Track workout ... Sets of 800m on 3:05 with 3:05 jogging between. Legs felt great, much better than last time I tried this workout. Unfortunately, I had to take a nature break and the bathrooms at the track were locked (despite there being 25 or so people at the track or playing in the infield and a bunch more people at adjacent tennis courts). I felt like reaching 12 of these wouldn't have been too tough, as I still had plenty of energy and strength left after 7. Stats:

1 - 2:58, 161 bpm
2 - 3:03, 162 bpm
3 - 2:57, 162 bpm
4 - 3:00, 168 bpm
5 - 2:59, 168 bpm
6 - 3:01, 167 bpm
7 - 2:59, 168 bpm

Compare these values to the ones posted below for the last time I did this workout. My HR is 10 bpm lower for the seventh rep this time, although the temperature was quite a bit lower for the present workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment