Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back to it.

I ended up taking yesterday completely off. A trip to the Secretary of State ate up an hour of the evening. I might have to change car insurance companies if only to switch to one that has a PIN allowing for online registration renewal, which Geico currectly does not offer (I initially chose Geico on the sole basis of their commercials), so I can avoid going to the SoS every year. Stacey occupied our time there with riddles. Here's one:

In a certain town lived a miller, his daughter, and the evil mayor. The miller was in debt to the mayor, and the mayor had his eye on the miller’s daughter. The mayor made a proposition: he would place a black stone and a white stone in a bag, and the miller’s daughter would pick one out in front of the whole village. If she drew the white stone, the mayor would forgive the miller’s debt. If she drew the black stone, the mayor would marry the miller’s daughter and take the mill. The miller had no choice but to agree. The miller’s daughter has no reason to trust the mayor, and believes that he will place two black stones in the bag. How can she get out of marrying the mayor and save the mill?

Anyhow, today's workouts included an AM run of one hour and a PM swim. The run was cake, as was expected since I had a HR cap of 135 save for four all out sprints. The calve/achilles did not bother me, but I can still feel that it is a bit tight.

The PM swim went well. I actually felt very rested, but I also felt less fluid in the water because it has been 5 days (that's a guess) since my last swim. Sandwiched between a warm-up and cool down, I did 3 x 350m all-out on 30 sec. rest, 3 x 250m all-out on 20 sec. rest, 3 x 150m all-out on 15 sec. rest, and 3 x 50 all-out on 10 sec. rest. Here are the requested times:

250m: 4:03, 4:10, and 4:10
150m: 2:23, 2:26, and 2:26

My improvement is slowing, but I hope to keep the times dropping with continuing hard work.

Also, I got passed by a 12 year old girl while doing the 150m all-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment