Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feeling rested

On Thursday I went to the gym with the intention of getting in an hour swim (about 3000m), but every lane having two swimmers in it (one even had three - a first for my gym!). I had to wait a while before I could get in, and due to time constraints was only about to swim 45 or 50 minutes. Oh well.

I also got in 1:10 on the bike. It was an odd workout, because I could easily push a big gear requiring a lower than normal cadence and keep my HR around 145-150, which is usually working pretty hard for me. Maybe it was because I was watching the exciting U of M v. Clemson b-ball game...but hopefully the ease of the workout was a sign of increased fitness. I don't think the high HR was fatigue because my output was correspondingly high. But then again, what do I know.

On Friday I got in a 1:30 run. I would have gone longer, but didn't want to hinder the weekend's workouts. I kept my HR pretty low, 134 bpm average. Still I averaged 7:49 per mile, which isn't too shabby for not working. My legs felt very fresh, and I tried to keep my turnover high.

No comments:

Post a Comment