Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday

My legs felt decent on Sunday, but my heart wouldn't pump enough. I did a 3:00 ride with hour 1 at about 120 bpm, hour 2 at about 130 bpm, and hour 3 at about 125 bpm. Even when pushing a tough gear, my HR would not go up. Hitting 135 bpm required working pretty hard.

I followed the ride up with a 1:00 run and killed it the first 20 minutes or so. After that, I think my pace dipped a bit, but my HR stayed in the mid to high 160s. At 27 minutes, I was spent, and I went the last 33 minutes easy.

Post-run, I ate and relaxed for a bit before heading to the pool for a 30 minute swim. I did a few 25m sprints and 8 x 125m pulling. I was noticably tired, but was able to push through it.

Today, I am rewarded with an off day, which I used to do lots of work. Now that I'm brain dead, I'm having a Guiness and will take a warm bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment