Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Almost healthy

First off, I didn't have to blow my nose too much today, and the sore throat is all but gone. I think tomorrow I will be back to 100%.

The 30 minute morning run went well. It was nice to get outside, as usual, and I felt fine.

In the evening, I skipped the FTP test, instead opting for 1:30 at a moderate effort. I started the ride with the readiness ramp-up test to get an estimate of how my body is doing, and the results were...

3 minutes at 136 bpm, 217 W, 86 rpm
3 minutes at 150 bpm, 251 W, 83 rpm

Last test (May 2nd):
First 3 min. effort: 136 bpm, 217 W, 86 rpm
Second 3 min. effort: 151 bpm, 255 W, 84 rpm

The test seems to indicate I'm basically healthy.

After that I cruised (well, cruised on the trainer) at 138 bpm and 207 W for 1:10 before doing some single leg drills and a cool down. I felt pretty good, though I'm really starting to get sick of the trainer, at least for unstructured efforts. Having good weather doesn't help.

Also, the diet modifications are going well. Stacey and I are on day 3 of full paleo, and we haven't had to modify it much because the workouts haven't been too tough yet. We made some home-made beef jerky to snack on, but I don't get the fully satiated feeling that I occasionally crave, or at least the feeling goes away quickly after meals. I'm often not hungry, but not full, and notice a desire for food if I'm not preoccupied doing something else. Stacey seems to notice a more drastic difference in feeling than I do. She felt tired on her run this morning and has been getting the no-blood-in-the-head feeling, to use the medical term, when standing up too quick. She probably ate a bit worse than I did, but not too bad.

Anyhow, my morning weight was 161 lbs, if I recall correctly. That's my lowest in quite sometime. Stacey is down a few pounds, too. My suspicion is that the lost weight is water (less glycogen storage = 2.5 that amount in water loss, I believe). If my weight continues to fall, that is probably not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment