Friday, June 5, 2009

Gotta get off the trainer

My morning run went great - running felt effortless. Without thinking about it one way or the other, I did the run after taking in only a cup of coffee and a glass of water before heading out the door after waking up. It was only a 30 minute run, but I think the fact that I didn't feel low on sugar is a sign that my diet isn't negatively affecting my training.

I started the ride with a readiness test. Results:

3 minutes at 135 bpm - 223 W - 87 rpm
3 minutes at 150 bpm - 254 W - 88 rpm

A bit better than yesterday, but maybe not statistically significantly so.

I felt low on sugar about 20 minutes into the ride, so I slowed and had some OJ. A few minutes later I felt good again. But, the entire episode could have been mental, since the trainer is killing me right now. I've gotta get out to Stoney Creek more often on weekdays, even if that means an hour and a half in the car. Side note: the entire Detroit and metro Detroit area should have a no-driving day one weekend, similar to how Chicago shuts down LSD once a year (Portland has done similar things) - it would be the best day of the year. I would get to explore the whole area without the fear of death that accompanies most rides, and I'd probably even go downtown.

Morning weigh in for both yesterday and today - 160.5 lbs, the lowest I've been in a year or two. I'm glad to see no change between the days. Losing weight fast isn't good (or so I've been told), and a leveling-off strengthens my opinion that at least some of my lost weight is water.

Stacey is feeling pretty normal again and is down 3-4 pounds, though she dropped almost another pound today. She says she's going to start eating cereal again if her weight gets to low. I don't think it's going to keep dropping, at least so fast. If it takes another month, and she still feels good, then all should be well.

I'm looking forward to today's swim, even though it's not too tough looking. I feel like I haven't worked hard in a long, long time. My memory is short, though, because TTT was just two weeks ago. I desire regular confidence boosters, and two weeks feels like ancient history.

1 comment:

  1. You worked hard just being sick! Sunday will be hard as well/as hell!

    ReplyDelete