Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blah

I'm still a bit sick. My nose has started running and I've got some pressure in the ol' noggin. Still, I don't feel too bad.

The goal for the swim was fifty 50m's on 50 seconds with paddles. I did the first one in about 40 seconds, then dropped to 44 seconds, then held 45-46 sec. for a few. After six or seven reps, I took an extra 10 sec rest. My time dropped again to the low 40s, then quickly went up. After 12 reps I took a minute rest because I was coming in around 48 sec.

I did another 12 reps with pretty much the same pattern of times as the first 12. After those 24 reps, I took a second minute of rest. Starting back up, my time only dropped to around 44 sec., then quickly went up to 48 or so. After almost 30 reps, I bagged it. Instead of finishing the set, I did a handful of 150m's pulling until the hour was up.

Being sick is frusterating and I want to ensure I'm healthy for the race this weekend. I decided to err on the side of taking it too easy instead of killing myself to do the last ~20 reps. Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may do the scheduled FTP test or ride easy for the same amount of time.

Blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment