Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Run test data


Ack, a busy week, as the end of the month always is (I'm hoping this was the last busy end of the month, however). Anyhow, I did another run test and the data is excellent. First off, my legs felt a bit tired going into the test. The weather was 65-70 and overcast with a small amount of wind (maybe 10 mph). My PE was low, about 6 initially and up to 7 by the end, but maybe that's because I had to go to the bathroom for 2/3 of the test and that distracted me. I noticed a step-up in muscle fatigue around mile 10, but it didn't get worse over the last few miles.

Anyhow, looking at the data, I was very close to 7:00 per mile at 145 bpm, a big improvement over the previous tests, I believe.

Otherwise, the week is going okay. I should be able to get in some mega training this weekend, including a few Lake Michigan swims. I had to bump Tuesday's swim to today and cut it a bit, but tomorrow I will do today's swim and get a massage.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment