Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tough swim, easy run

I have officially perfected the butterfly, and can now swim (flail?) an entire 25m non-stop. After spring 4 x 25 each of kicking, freestyle, and butterfly, I already felt like I got in a good workout. I still had 8 x 250 broken!

I actually felt great during the first 250 and set a new PR for the first 100m - 1:25. I then cruised 75 and followed that up with a 50m sprint in 0:39. I finished the 250 in 4:07. However, my times slowly got worse from there. For the second set, I did the 100m in 1:29 and finished the 250 in just under 4:20. Then, I started the third set with a 1:33/100m and finished the set in a bit over 4:20. I took off after a 15 sec break, and slowed a few more seconds for the fourth set.

With four sets done and my times dropping, I took a full minute break. I started the fifth set feeling good and started with a 1:28, finishing the set in about 4:20. My times continued dropping a few seconds per set for the last three.

I felt so great at the beginning of the 250s - I was catching what felt like a ton of water with each stroke and felt fluid. By the fifth or sixth set, I lose the feeling of the water. Not sure what's up with that.

I also got in a 45 minute jog and felt great. No sign of fatigue in the legs. The goal is to crush the ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment