Saturday, July 3, 2010

All Tuckered Out

July 3
(1) 5 hour ride
Lots of climbing with a focus on IM effort. Lots of time in the 220-250 W range, typically at a HR of 140-150 bpm. Not the best route for a really constant effort, but Stacey had to work this morning so I saved my flat terrain ride for tomorrow when she'll join me. Oh, and the graphs below are a bit distorted along the x-axis -- my ride was 4:52 but my stoppage time (yeah, I've been watching the World Cup) is shown on the graphs below for some reason. I stopped to refill my bottles several times, I stopped to take some guy's picture for his blog, and I stopped to try to help a lady change her flat. Those stops are why the ride looks longer than 4:52 and partly why there are so many low wattage times. I made sure to drink a ton of water and had to "use it" multiple times - always a good sign. Oh, and for the last half hour or so I was riding through Boulder to get back to my car. Hence the sporadic wattage for that period.




(2) 20 minute transition run. Really easy and all by feel. My legs took a while to get moving, which is abnormal for me.

(3) 20 minute swim a couple hours after the ride and run. I also got in a nice nap before the swim. I was pretty tired after the ride/run and feel asleep right when I got on the couch. Stacey had to vacuum around me for a while before I woke up.

Now it's time to eat some good stuff so that I'm fueled up to work hard again tomorrow and then again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment