Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aspen Photos

July 25
Spin with Stacey up to Maroon Bells. They're definitely over-rated, and I'd recommend the Electric Pass hike as having superior scenery.


July 24
Stacey and I went on a 6 hour hike from the end of Castle Creek Rd (~10,000 ft.) to Electric Pass at 13,500 ft. This was a great hike and left my legs very sore for two days. I carried about 25 lbs of stuff, but that's not that much.







July 23
Stacey and I rode over Independence Pass. Stacey allowed me to ride ahead and turn around occasionally. The ride goes from 7,800 feet to 12,200 feet in 25 miles. The altitude doesn't bother me much, though I didn't have my power meter to check power:HR. After Independence Pass, we went back through town then up to 10,000 feet again to the end of Castle Creek Rd. After eating a selection of breads and spreads at the Pine Creek Restaurant (amazing views, btw), we cruised back into town. This ride was 5+ hours.







July 22
I got in a quick run along a trail above town. Nice views of the town along the way.

3 comments:

  1. more posts like these. great pics. CO is freakin beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics. Those lakes look amazing. Did you guys swim in them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Stacey get a new bike? Nice!

    ReplyDelete