Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Nearly Eight Hour Day

July 21
Today was scheduled to be about 6 hours. However, I got in some extra curricular swimming in the morning. I shot some video during the swim, and I'll post it in my next update after I've had a chance to review the footage. The underwater camera is a great (and surprisingly inexpensive) tool that I need to use more often. So, ~40 minutes of swimming.

Next, I drove up to Boulder to ride with Chuckie's whole CO-based gang (Angela, Michelle, and Sonja). My instructions were to take it easy and ride around 110-115 bpm. This basically allowed me to hang in behind Sonja and Michelle. After about 4 hours, I did an hour at IM effort and averaged 230 W at 146 bpm, although that effort was predominantly uphill. A storm cut the ride short, and I think we got in 5:30.

Post-ride we all headed out for a transition run. I did 10 minutes at HIM pace (~6:00/mile) and then turned around and jogged home. Total time was about 25 minutes.

All that put me at 6:35 of training for the day. However, Stacey wanted to get out for a ride so I got my road bike out and rode another hour or so with her.

A long day, but none of the efforts were too tough. Tomorrow Stacey and I are off to Aspen for a few days for a quick honeymoon. I'll try to post a few updates while we're there. (<--Joke)

1 comment:

  1. It was great to ride with you Evan. Have a great honeymoon, enjoy the time with your wife!

    ReplyDelete