Friday, July 2, 2010

Efficient

July 2
(1) FTP focused trainer ride. 1 hour with 34 minutes of intervals at around 270 W. Here's the data:


I like the 5 minute interval at 278 W with an average HR of 158 bpm and a max of 164 bpm. Perceived exertion was 8 out of 10. I was dripping sweat -- the stream dripping down my nose onto a towel resting on my aerobars was like a leaky faucet all by itself.

(2) Easy run. Here's where the title of this post came from: an easy one hour run with an average HR of 131 bpm and an average pace of 8:07/mile. I don't remember what my stats were around the time I started running, but I think I'd have been over 160 bpm to run circa 8 min/mile.

July 1
(1) 1:05 swim. 3,000m. I couldn't make it through the whole 3600m of the plan in the time I had. I felt alright in the water, though. My stroke at times feels good. Maybe in another week it'll my improved stroke will feel natural.

My trip over to the pool is nice:


I timed myself getting home a few days ago while driving and made it from the edge of the pool to my kitchen in under 8 minutes. Nice.

(2) 50 minute ride, easy except for Tabata sprints (8 of them, 20 seconds each with 10 sec between). Sprint data:
553 W,
455 W,
408 W,
402 W,
418 W,
410 W,
411 W, and
414 W.
My legs weren't feeling it.

June 30
Instead of one long run, I did two short runs today because I had to pick Stacey up at the airport. In the morning I did 1:10 including 3 x 2 miles at 6:30/mile (no HR data), and my PE ended fairly high for the pace at 8.5 out of 10.

In the evening I did another 40 minutes with 20 minutes at 160 bpm. I had to push really hard to get my HR up that high, though I didn't record pace data this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment