Monday, July 5, 2010

Yet Another Long Ride

July 5
(1) 4:45 ride. Data (once again, note that my ride time is not as long as the graph shows -- I only rode 4:45 but stops are for some reason included in the data):




The route was Boulder -- Lyons -- Ward -- Boulder via 36. I circled back downhill plenty of times to make sure Stacey was alright, so I got extra climbing in. I felt pretty good on the ride and didn't have much trouble holding IM like efforts on the climb. I paced myself based on feel and didn't look at the CPU much. I shut things down with about 45 minutes left and just cruised pretty easy for that time. Wattage to HR seemed good when wattage was in IM range.

(2) 30 minute jog w/ 120 bpm HR cap. I can now actually jog (say, 10:00/mile) at about 105 bpm, so staying under the cap was no problem. The effort was so easy that fatigue wasn't too evident. I guess that means my legs aren't totally shot despite almost 14 hours of riding in the past three days.

Other notes from the ride: (1) I was briefly trapped between Chrissie Wellington and her riding partner. Chrissie is thin and tan, but she isn't so thin that she doesn't look powerful. (2) In Raymond Stacey and I talked to a guy that's doing IM Louisville. He and his buddy were doing the same ride as we were, and they left the general store there at the same time as we did, too. Turns out one of the guys lived about one mile from us back in Birmingham, MI last year.

Pictures:




1 comment:

  1. I will be honest, I was a little starstruck when I looked over to my left to see who was passing me while descending back to 36 and it was Chrissie Wellington. It gave me a little boost to finish our ride.

    ReplyDelete