Thursday, January 22, 2009

Easy bike...not easy swim

45 minutes on the bike with 30 of those minutes at >95rpm and a HR around 145. I had to count my cadence since I'm still awaiting a bike computer (i.e., the Powertap), but I was usually around 95rpm to 100rpm. My ride made my legs surprisingly tired despite pushing a pretty easy gear. I think my hip flexors got a bit more work than normal. I think I normally ride my tri bike at a cadence of around 90, (though I've only used a cadence monitor on my road bike), so I don't think 95 is too far from my norm.


The swim was tough, even though my butterfly form is virtually flawless (probably better than Phelps'). On those 50s of butterfly kicking, I just zoom effortlessly down the pool - I mean, I'm not totally sure, but I think I even passed a ninety year old lady walking laps in the pool. Yeah, I'm that fast.


All that pulling made my back pretty sore (though not my shoulders), as I have conveniently indicated in blue in the above figure. My lats were very tired during the pulling, while my traps are feeling it as I type this.
I don't think my lats have ever become so tired from a swim.



1 comment:

  1. Those old ladies have got NOTHING on you. Kick their asses!

    Oh, and by the way, it's a good thing your butterfly is virtually flawless, as you'll be doing lots of it here soon. Right after the squat workouts and the wife-carrying.

    You were the one that wanted a coach.

    ReplyDelete