Thursday, January 15, 2009

Easy ride + easy run

My goal for the ride was 1:30, with most of the ride @ 130 bpm, plus 10 x 1 min cadence pickups, slowly building the cadence throughout the minute. I also concentrated on having still hips while pedaling. My position needs a tweak or two for optimal comfort, and I will post a good picture of my position tomorrow. Oh, and while the plan called for an AM bike, I ended up doing it in the PM because (1) riding the trainer in my apartment at 5:30 AM would probably annoy my neighbors and (2) scheduling wise, it's much easier for me to get that ride in after work.

After the bike, I took 15 minutes or so before heading out on the run. The forecast called for lows around 0 degrees, so I got all bundled up. Long johns, ski gloves, vest underneath my jacket, balaclava under my hat - I had it all on.

Stacey did the workout as well, and here are her eight layers of clothes for the run:


The run was easy - 135 average HR, though I felt like I didn't have to slow too much to keep it low.

Me post run:



Stacey post run:

No comments:

Post a Comment