Thursday, January 8, 2009

One down, a lot to go

Chuckie prescribed a 1:20 run @ 140 bpm, but gave me the okay to go a bit longer. I ended up doing 1:31 at any average HR of 138, totaling 10.9 miles at 8:24 a mile. I had to intentionally slow down a few times to keep the HR down, as I would typically have done a run of that duration with a HR of the high 140s. I was reminded of how running felt when I initially began training for IMCdA in 2007, though my HR was 155 or so at the same effort level back then.

Anyhow, I felt good the whole run and did not notice any HR drift toward the end. One thing I did notice is that I became extremely hungry toward the end of the run. I'm not sure if that was due to eating too few calories at lunch, or a result of the change in running pace. I'd be surprised if it was the former, as my diet wasn't out of the ordinary today. Maybe I'll take some calories for the next long run in addition to the bottle of water I normally carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment