Monday, January 19, 2009

Easy day

Just a 2400m swim today. My shoulders felt tired during the warm up, which may be a result of having spent a good chunk of time on the tri bike this weekend for the first time in many months. The main set consisted of 2 x (400m with paddles and pull buoy, 200m hard, 100m easy with some backstroke). I felt great on my first 200m hard, and was sure I had set a new PR...at least until I saw the clock. 3:17. I was a bit disappointed with that. Oh well, just gotta keep working. The second 200m was no better. In fact, it was worse: 3:21.

Anyhow, it felt good to stretch out a bit. I will take Chuckie's advice and do some core work today. I'm going to try to do the core workout every Monday since Monday might be the lowest volume day.

No comments:

Post a Comment