Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ouch

The plan called for a long ride + short run. After yesterday's workout, I was both stiff and sore starting out the ride. After the warm-up, I settled in for 1:00 at 136 bpm. Since I was tired, my PE was higher than normal for that HR. Next, I did 0:45 at 141 bpm, then 0:30 at 146 bpm, and finally 0:15 at 152 bpm. It was not an easy ride, and I was happy for it to be over. Still, I did not work this hard last year, and I'm sure rides like this will continue my progress.

After a short snack, I headed out for a 0:30 run. I kept my HR very low (my watch is in the other room, so I don't have the average here in front of me, but it's probably around 140). This is the most sore my legs have been during a transition run following a 100 mile ride last summer.

Stacey did the workout, too. Her summary: "My ass hurts."

Overall, a fun workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment